Saturday, August 25, 2012

One year in New York


Cooking has commenced... for a party I am throwing tomorrow to celebrate a year in New York. My friends and I arrived in New York a year ago to attend Columbia University, and while many of us have scattered to the four winds, a good portion are still living the good life in New York.

Sentimentality aside, this means an occasion to cook good food. The guest list has passed ten, and my pizza list has passed seven - yes, I will be tossing pizzas with one hand and my iPhone with the other, trying to master the art of cooking and photographing at the same time.

There will be pissaladiere, and pizza with ribbons of green and yellow zucchini and ricotta infused with garlic and pecorino, and plain simple pizza margherita and probably something involving shaved asparagus. Several heads of cauliflower will roast, and there is decadence melting in the kitchen right now - half a pound of Belgian Callebaut. An occasion for celebration, indeed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009Figs in the Sun | by TNB